Making progress

It has been a relatively long time since I updated the blog. I am not really used
to show the world what I have done. But I think this will come over time.

But what has been done lately? I have struggled a lot with samba and network
problems. I did not get it to work the way i wanted it to do. I wanted to have a network drive because the text editors in the virtual machine where becoming very slow.
But luckily this is all solved by setting up an FTP server and using netdrive. This is actually a nice tool to use if you are used to windows 2000. It maps any FTP-site as a network drive. So now I can work with my favorite windows editor and the compilation can take place on the Linux machine. This might not deliver a lot of code, but is sure speeds up the development process from now on.

But has the project made any progress yet? Off course it has! I am beginning to understand the yacc-files of the distributions a lot better now. The translation to the SDF is making good progress. There are some difficulties with all this, but they are solvable. More test files from the distribution are passable already, so this indicates that I am on the right track. If you really want to be kept up to date with the latest status I suggest you subscribe to the psat-commit mailinglist.

No comments: