- Walter Tichy explained several important aspects, which I need to take into account while designing my next empirical study.
- In addition, Natalia Juristo pointed out several things I will keep in mind during this design in order to make sure others can repeat it.
- Tim Menzies gave a very good introduction into the ins and outs of data-mining (in such a way I actually want to try it out)
- Bertrand Meyer (and his students) made me aware of some testing techniques I forgot about.
- The presentation of Joshua Bloch was, for me, less relevant from a PhD point-of-view, but his thoughts about good API design are extremely interesting from a developers point of view.
- It was really fun (and interesting) to hear Barry Boehm explain his research on estimation models and how empirical SE can be integrated into education.
- Last but not least, the presentations of Victor Basili contained a lot of stuff which I believe is relevant for what we are doing at SIG.
Attending LASER 2010
Today I managed to go through my notes of the 2010 edition of the LASER summerschool series. While doing this I realized that, apart from the fancy hotel, the good food, the nice people and the great weather, the trip also had a high educational value!