Passing time

After I stopped working on the GUI for the RFG I have been working in Haskell again. It has been quite a while since I have worked with this language, so it takes me some time to get used to it again. Since it is a strongly typed language, as apposed to both Stratego and PHP, some things take longer to implement, but some mistakes are found by the type-checker. Unfortunately, this means that I have not done anything terribly interesting for my thesis.

So lets look at the other interesting project, PHP-Sat. I have been working on the integration of a second analysis within the constant-prorogation. This is coming along nicely, but it requires some heavy thinking and careful considerations. I have already worked my way up to the expression-level, so I hope to finish the rest of the constructs that were already supported by the end of this weekend.

In order to tell at least one interesting thing, and to not waste your time completely, I wanted to point out some interesting video-presentations. The first one is also the first one I ever saw through the internet: Drupal, Joomla! & GSoC. The title explains why I wanted to see it, and it is interesting for anyone that wants to know more about the GSoc from a projects point of view. The second also comes from the Google Tech Talks and is called How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People (And You Can Too). It is given by the people behind subversion and I especially liked the story about the bikeshed. The third presentation comes from Bram Molenaar, the creator of VIM (yes, that is the editor I mostly use). He talks about 7 Habits For Effective Text Editing, be sure to check it out even if you do not use VIM.

The presentations mentioned above are (some of) the presentations I have already seen, the following are on my todo-list. Please let me know if anyone of them is super-great, or a total waste of time.

No comments: